It just so happened that I started my Cayston treatments this weekend (still trying to determine if its helping my cough). Talk about making me insane! I feel like I'm either doing a breathing treatment or running a puppy outside. Plus, now that the weekend is over, I'm working! I'm exhausted - mentally, physically, emotionally - every way humanly possible. I haven't even taken a shower yet today (5:00 pm now) because I figured I have to take the pups out again soon and will somehow manage to get covered in pee, poop, drool, dirt or who knows what else!
It was rainy this weekend and as you can imagine, that's no fun when trying to potty train a puppy! I'm soaked, they are soaked - just a bit of a mess. BUT - its great at the same time!!
I've got several friends that are new moms (of two-legged children) and I'm feeling their
joy! Having a puppy has a few upsides versus a human baby:
- I don't have sore nipples, nor am I leaking milk (gross - sorry!)
- I don't have to deal with the post-labor recovery
- I can put the puppies in a cage and not have DSS/CPS called on me
- I can squirt them with a spray bottle to correct bad behavior
- They only have 2 feedings per day
- They will be adults in about a year!
On the otherhand, there are some downsides to puppies versus babies:
- I have to take them outside to potty - doesn't matter if its a sunny day or a terential downpour - my butt is going outside with them
- They don't wear diapers, so if they go potty, it is me picking up the poop off the floor or wiping up the pee (thank goodness I have hardwood floors!)
- They bite! Enough said!
I'm sure people think I'm crazying comparing my puppies to their children, but oh well! I love my animals and treat them better then some people do their kids!
Here is a picture of my precious babies:
|Visiting Grandma's and taking a break from playing|
|Playing ball with my Mom's German Shepard, Gracie|
Post a Comment