- Weight - it is MUCH lighter than my ancient Hilrom Vest. By all means, it isn't light but definitely a great improvement from my older model. I can at least carry it myself!
- Comfort of vest - the fabric is much softer and less scratchy when wearing it.
- Technology - it has a digital screen, so I can set the time and know for sure how long I'm using it (the old one had a knob to turn). Also, I can set different programs based on how long I want to use it, etc.
- It's quieter!! Will still doesn't enjoy watching TV with me while I vest, but I don't have to turn the TV to its max volume! And, the dogs aren't scared of this one as much!
- There is only 1 hose...so I'm not tangled up :)
- And it comes with a rolling case (that looks like a regular rolling suitcase) and a matching bag for the vest and hose! Makes traveling super easy!
- I'm still limited on movement. The machine has to be plugged in, so I'm stuck sitting in my usual spot.
- The noise is still aggravating.
And finally, an update on my quarterly appointment in June! Yikes - that feels like forever ago!
I had been doing well and using my vest, so I was excited to see my PFTs. Unfortunately, that morning I started feeling a bit froggy and a cough started : ( It literally got worse sitting in the room waiting on the doctor!
FVC - April:105% June: 99%
FEV1 - April: 94% June: 83%
FEF25-75% - April: 68% June: 45%
So, my small airways were definitely suffering!! I was prescribed 10 days of Cipro (750mg twice a day)...and that cleared it right up : ) Nothing else to report, all looked good! So, I'll be going back in September.